The Cote d’Ivoire Gold Projects cover a substantial ground position of 1,948km2 on the convergence of two of West Africa’s most prolific gold belts, the Tongon Gold Belt and the Syama Gold Belt, which extend into northern Côte d’Ivoire from Burkina Faso and Mali respectively. The Cote d’Ivoire Gold Projects comprise three granted exploration permits covering 1,027km2 and three exploration applications 921km2. Exore owns an 80% interest in the two granted permits making up the Bagoe and Liberty Projects (Apollo Consolidated Limited (ASX:AOP) holds the remaining 20%). Exore has the right to earn-into an 80-90% joint venture interest with local Ivoirian partners in the granted Tengrela permit and remaining applications. The majority of the project area is positioned on the convergence of two of West Africa’s most prolific gold belts, the Tongon Gold Belt and the Syama Gold Belt, which extend into northern Cote d’Ivoire from Burkina Faso and Mali respectively.

The Bagoe and Liberty Project areas are located in a major gold producing region with several nearby large operating gold mines and gold deposits associated with the same geology and structures including:

  • 4.2Moz Tongon Gold Mine (Barrick) located ~40 kilometres to north-east
  • 11.5Moz Syama Gold Mine (Resolute) located ~90 kilometres to the north
  • 1.0Moz Sissingue Gold Mine (Perseus) located ~50 kilometres to the north
  • Fonondara /Boundiali gold discovery (Barrick) located immediately adjacent to the west

Maiden JORC 2012 Mineral Resource Estimate

In May 2020, Exore announced a maiden independent JORC 2012 Mineral Resource Estimate for the Company’s Bagoe Gold Project in northern Cote d’Ivoire, 6.65Mt @ 2.5g/t for 530,000 ounces.

  • Antoinette Mineral Resource Estimate of 5.55Mt at 2.3g/t gold for 415,000 ounces (at lower cut-off of 1.0g/t) or 8.4Mt at 1.8g/t gold for 485,000 ounces (at lower cut-off of 0.5g/t)
  • Veronique Mineral Resource Estimate of 1.05Mt at 3.2g/t for 110,000 ounces (at lower cut-off of 1.0g/t) or 1.35Mt at 2.8g/t gold for 120,000 ounces (at lower cut-off of 0.5g/t)

Mineral Resource Estimate extends from surface ~85%-90% within top 50m and includes drilling completed at Antoinette and Veronique over ~14 months of project ownership to February 2020.

Bagoe Gold Project, Cote d’Ivoire

JORC 2012 Mineral Resource Estimate

Cut-Off

Classification

Tonnes (kt)

Gold Grade

Ounces

0.5g/t

Indicated

950

3.0g/t

90,000

Inferred

8,800

1.8g/t

510,000

Total

9,750

1.9g/t

600,000

1.0g/t

Indicated

750

3.5g/t

90,000

Inferred

5,850

2.3g/t

440,000

Total

6,650

2.5g/t

530,000

Côte d’Ivoire Project Area Map

Projects Location Map